12 August, 2010

Chapter 1-3

Arkham Asylum
Psychiatric Ward
Patient #1426

Interview #10

"Hey doc, how u doin? How's life outa this hell hole?

I hope you don't mind, doc, but today I'd like to read you a poem I wrote. I was hoping since you're such a fancy pants doctor, and I mean that in a really really good way .. REALLY, you might give me some feedback.

Ehm ehm..

Sticks, stones and shattered red bones..
Followed by celebration and moans..
On my back, whatever I owned..
How come it's all gone?!
Souls have prayed, clouds have bled..
The grass is brown, the skies are red..
And all that lives is cut to shreds..
How come it's all gone?!
And now I sleep inside my cell..
Awaiting the calling of the church's bell..
I do not pray, I only yell..
"How come it's all gone?!"
Everyone around me is facially glad..
But under the moonlight shows all that is mad..
What else to do but look back at what I had..
How come it's all gone?!
I dream of bats and dragonflies..
I dream of blood down children's eyes..
I dream and DREAM!! BUT NO ONE DIES!!!
HOW COME?!
How come?!
How come it's all gone?!
.............................................................................."

END OF TAPE

Doctor's remarks: at the end, I didn't know if the patient was crying, or laughing hysterically.

No comments:

Post a Comment